We are organising Election Information Sessions next week. These meetings are for anyone who is thinking about running for election or for anyone who has a general interest in TU Dublin SU elections.
Every student is welcome and we especially encourage you to come along if you have the slightest interest in running for an officer position or know someone who would be good for a role!
This is an opportunity to answer any questions you may have in relation to any aspect of elections.
The Information Sessions will cover:
- What positions are available? full-time or part-time? Which campus can you run for? Which positions are overall?
- What do the officers do? a brief outline of each position, so you can figure out which position best suits your interests.
- How you can nominate yourself? what materials you will need to submit.
- What is a manifesto? and how you can write it.
- Professional photogapher will be on hand to take your picture for our ballot papers, so we have them ready to go in the event that you do run.
Information Session Dates
- Blanchardstown in Room LT3 in A block 28th February 2022 @ 1pm
- Tallaght SU Building 28th February 2022 @ 5pm
- Aungier Street Room AST2-021 1st March 2022 @ 1pm
- Bolton Street Room BST-227 1st March 2022 @ 6pm
- Grangegorman in East Quad RoomEQ-107 2nd March 2022 @ 1pm
- Online Session Monday, 7th March @ 6pm. Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/95929854028.
Other Important Dates to Note:
- Nominations Open Monday, 28th February 2022 @9am, the nomination form will be available on our sister website here.
- Nominations Close Friday, 11th March @12pm (no late nomination forms will be accepted!)
- Withdrawal Period Ends Monday, 14th March @12pm
- Candidates Meeting Monday, 14th March @ 6pm (Bolton Street)
- Polling Days Tuesday, 29th March; Wednesday, 30th March; Thursday, 31st March
- Election Count Friday, 1st April 2021 @ 10am (Bolton Street)