Between family stress, financial strain and exams, Christmas is not all jingle bells and holly for everyone. In this episode of the DITSU podcast, Pierre, Jess, Roisin and Rebecca chat the best and worst things about the festive season.
- – What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
- – When is it socially acceptable to put up the tree and decorations?
- – Consumerism – do they trick you to think it is acceptable? When do we all get our gifts?
- – November time for sabbats – Working in DIT – is it busy? What’s – Student engagement? (lack of)
- – Are exams all after Christmas?
- – Is this better or worse for students? Pro’s / cons of them being after or before Christmas
- – What were exams like for us when we did them?
- – Christmas isn’t a great time for everyone – why? Cold, dark, -expensive, seeing family, new years
- – How do we manage it? (mental health)
- – DIT Counselling – 12-1pm drop in
- – DIT Chaplaincy
- – DIT Tutor
- – DIT Student health centre
- – DITSU advice service – PC1 form
- – Helplines: Samaritans, Pieta House, NiteLine, Jigsaw,
How to listen:
Search The DITSU Podcast on the iPhone podcast app.
Listen online: https://audioboom.com/posts/7114936-ditsu-presents-what-is-ditsu