This episode of the DITSU Podcast talks all things TUD and Grangegorman. Pierre, Roisin, Jess and Rebecca discuss the difficulties and opportunities as well as how is DITSU working towards fairness for students in the interim phase.
00:00 – 00:15 Sabbats talk about background to TUD / GG.
- Why are we becoming a Technological University?
When and how is DIT, IT Tallaght and Blanchardstown become TU Dublin?
- Application process, International Panel, Minister’s Decision
- Name, logo design and interim plans
- When was it decided for DIT to move to Grangegorman?
- Mental Health Asylum, 2002 Government decision
- First students in 2014, Greenway in 2015, 2020 moves and beyond
00:15 – 00:30 Conversation on the future of TUD
- What TU Dublin means for students and the benefits
- What’s the benefits of moving to one campus
00:30 – 00:45 What is happening in the immediate future, what current students will see and how they will be positively impacted.
- What will happen from 1st January?
- What happens to the Students’ Union?
00:45 – 01:00 Summary. Where does DITSU go from here, what will happen next.
How to listen:
Search The DITSU Podcast on the iPhone podcast app.
Listen online: https://audioboom.com/posts/7114936-ditsu-presents-what-is-ditsu