The supplemental exams are about to begin. They are something no-one wants to think about, especially when you should be enjoying your the summer. Thankfully, we (the wonderful people at DITSU) have come up with some tips to get you through these exams and out the other side.
If have any particular questions that need answering you can contact email@example.com. Our Student Advisors will be available to provide you with free and confidential advice. Or, you can pop into your local SU office and we will be glad to help you out.
Exam Top Tips
- Check the times and location of your exam the day before and in the morning of the exam.
- Bring your student card to enter the exam hall. Passport and Age Card is also accepted.
- Don’t have your mobile phone or any other electronic device on you like a smart watch while in the exam hall.
- If your exam requires a calculator, make sure it’s from the approved list from the Exams Office.
- Make sure to bring a couple of pens with you; preparation is key!
- Ensure your exam number is on all the answer books you use – don’t put your name on them!
- Bring in a watch or sit near a clock if you are not assigned a seat.
- You’re not allowed to leave in the first half an hour and last half an hour of an exam, so use your time wisely by reading, planning and reviewing your answers.
- You can find all the rules and regulations about exams on the DIT website.
Studying Top tips:
- Take breaks! We best learn in 40-50 min segments, change your environment, go for a walk, make a cup of tea or go on Facebook for 10-15 mins.
- Exercise is proven to increase concentration and focus during exams. Go for a stroll or play a game with some friends.
- If you feel yourself panic: Take 3 deep breathes, in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Make a study plan for everyday and stick to it. This will help you get the most out of your study sessions.
- Ask your lecturers and classmates for help. They’ve either done the exam before or are doing it with you so there’s no harm.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Cramming will not help! Try to get at least 8 hours the night before your exam.
- Put your phone on silent or in another room when you’re studying. Those social media notifications can be such a tease!
- Practice past exam papers to get yourself back into the swing of exam style questions so they don’t give you a shock.
- Eat regularly throughout the day – try to lay off the treats, and nourish your body so you can focus.
- Don’t get bogged down all Summer over exams in August. Enjoy the rest of your summer and spend time with friends.
Don’t be afraid to get in touch if you have any queries or concerns. Have a look at the DIT website here for all information that you need. We wish you all the best of luck.