DITSU have teamed up with three amazing music festivals to give one lucky student the summer and September of their lives!
We have tickets to three of our favourite Irish festivals to giveaway to one winner takes all. Six tickets to three unique festivals along with plenty of goodies.
- 2 X Tickets Sunflower Festival
- 2 x Tickets Castlepalooza
- 2 x Tickets Boxed Off
We also have some essential festival gear for the lucky winner:
- 2 x Person Tent
- 2 x Sunglasses
- Portable phone charger
- Inflatable Donut
- Facepaint kit
- 2 x Ponchos
- 2 x Head torches
- Fairy lights
THREE AMAZING FESTIVALS YOU NEED TO GO TO:
Just outside Belfast, hidden away from the city in a farm is Hillsborough Sunflower Festival, now its 8th year bloom.
The multi-stage music & arts festival has gained a stellar reputation as a weekend of craic, food and musical madness. The festival maybe small, but has over five stages, including multiple areas for food, crafts, comedy, hobbies and more.
The festival takes place on a quiet summer weekend over 28th-30th July.
Crazy P / Rubberbandits / Electric Swing Circus / Le Galaxie / OR:LA / Damola / Le Boom
WHY YOU SHOULD GO
- Music: Awesome lineup of both Irish and international acts.
- Intimate: Small festivals have a more intimate feel your more likely to meet and make new friends.
- Food: The selection of traders looks amazing (PS DIT students, they have Boojum)
- Accents: If you’re from Dublin or down south you are going to be thrown deep into a varied mixture of northern accents.
- Timing: Sunflower festival is scheduled to take place on a quieter weekend there’s a good chance to round up a crew of your friends together!
- Scenery/Location: Tubbys Farm is a fantastic retreat surrounded with green fields and nature.
Located in the absolutely loooveeellly grounds of Charleville Castle, CP has to be one of the nicest festival grounds in Ireland. The three day festival takes place in the castle grounds with amazing forestry and a grand castle plopped in the middle.
Castlepalooza features multiple stages dotted around the castle with loads of vendors sprawled between. There’s different areas to suit different tastes and needs with camping in the gardens beside the stages and outside in the fields.
The festival has a nice intimate feel and is small enough that you can easily wander about without getting lost. The crowd (from experience) were amazing the year myself and my friends ended up meeting loads of lifelong like-minded friends.
Waze & Odyssey / Daithi / PJ Gallagher / Shit Robot / Liza Flume / Aik J / Fred Cooke / Home Beat
WHY YOU SHOULD GO:
- Music: Great programming with a varied selection, particularly some great dance/techno acts and huge comedians.
- Crack: There is fun to be had at CP with a very friendly crowd. The year I attended we brought a portable PA and had a huge Austin Powers theme song Congo line at 5am.
- Venue: Sorry to keep blabbering on, but Castlepalooza is sweet and definitely one of the best festival venues IMO.
- Intimacy: With smaller festivals your more likely to run into your tent neighbours or familiar faces and thus more likely to make new pals.
In just two years Boxed Off has sprung up from nowhere to become one of the best one-day-festivals in Ireland. A techno/tunedrop fans wet dream the promoters Bedlam have booked some huge acts in previous incarnations so expect something massive this year.
The lineup consists of electronic/techno music with big international acts and the best of local Irish DJs. Boxed Off is located in Fairyhouse racecourse in huge marquees with amazing lighting and sound system.
Boxed Off takes place on the 30th of September and is considered the last festival of summer. The festival sells out every year so unless you win our competition you better get tickets.
The lineup isn’t live yet so Like the Boxed Off facebook page for more updates.
REASONS YOU SHOULD GO
The Last Stand: Boxed Off is the last festival before the temperature really drops and the sun goes on holidays.
Electronic Music: Consistently have an amazing lineup each year and we have a feeling this year will be the best yet.
Indoors: Let’s be realistic there is a chance it could rain, not to worry Boxed off is indoors across multiple stages.
Price: Day right now are only €65.50
FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN SIMPLY
1: Go to DITSU Ents page
2: Like & Share this image
3:Comment below the Facebook post
The draw will be done via Facebook live on Grafton Street on Thursday, 29th June.
- One Entry per person
- Winner takes all: the winner of the draw will win all of the items.
- Tickets or prizes cannot be sold or refunded by competition winner.
Any questions contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.