Hey everyone, Tara here your VP Welfare. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Break. Whether you were studying until you couldn’t keep your eyes open any longer or you had a well-deserved break over the last two weeks, exam season is upon us. Not to worry though, because if you keep organised and determined, you will do yourselves justice in the exam.
Every student will have a range different of exams, assessments, projects, portfolios and presentations to tackle soon. It is important to stay focused. It is easy to become overwhelmed at the thought of doing any assessment or exam when the end goal is to do your best and get a good grade. So here are some top tips to make exam season easier.
10 Things to Make Exam Season Easier
- Keep hydrated and drink plenty of water.
- Prioritise your study, according to deadlines.
- Study past exam papers, to see what came up in previous years.
- If you are unsure of something, ask your lecturer for clarity.
- Make a study schedule, so you can visualise your plans on paper.
- Cut out distractions, phones, tv, social media, while you are studying.
- Try eat healthily and regularly, to keep up energy levels.
- Take breaks between studying and time for yourself throughout the day.
- SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP. Make sure to keep well rested.
- Stay confident and motivated, you got this!
I hope this list helps you all excel in your exams and assessments. Doing at least one, or all of them will make the exam season easier for you. If you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, talk to someone. Talk to a friend, family member, lecturer or even your pet. Remember that you are here for a reason and you deserve to be where you are. Exams are a learning experience and will be over soon!